Friday, May 6, 2016

Goals


Giving yourself something to look forward to and work towards seems like a pretty good way to fight off some negative thoughts. If you have a true path you can say to yourself is this thought, action, or decision going to get me closer to my goals? If the answer is no than its not helpful to you. I'm betting the negative thoughts you have through out the day often fall in the no category. So here's a few things I'd like out of life.

1. To have a good relationship with my husband. I want my husband to be in my life, to be my best friend and my first choice. I always hate saying that it's work to make this possible because I love all the things it takes to make this happen. I like spending time with my husband, I like talking to him, and I like doing things together. So it doesn't feel like 'work' but I don't know what else to call it. If I don't do those things if I don't make him a priority I know how quickly it can all unravel. So I'll 'work' towards our life together forever. 



2. I want my kids to grow up to be good productive parts of the world. I want them to have a relationship with their Heavenly Father. I want them to make their own choices and live their own lives. But I want them to know I'll always be there behind them if they need me. I want to be their parent first and foremost but I want them to feel like they could talk to me like a friend if they needed it. 



3. I want to travel some. I want to take my kids to Disney and Harry Potter world and stuff like that. I want to see 311 at red rocks and go on the 311 cruise. I want to go to Ireland and England. I want some vacations with my kids and some with just my husband. I know a lot of this will have to wait at least a few years but it's something to look forward to and save for. 



4. I want to finish my book. I've been writing a book for longer than I'd like to admit. Well 2 actually I tend to go back and forth between the 2. I don't have any real dreams of being published. It'll probably never actually be read by anyone and that's okay but I really want to finish it. 



5. I want to figure out my own relationship with God. I don't know how much detail I want to go into on this. Because it's very personal to me, but I was not meant to follow blindly. I'm a very opinionated person and sometimes that makes this hard. 



6. I want a job I love. I'm 31 and have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. I want to raise my kids and being home with them right now is my number one priority but someday they'll be in school and/or capable of staying home alone and I'd like to go back to work. But I don't want to do something that's just a job, I really want to love it. 



7. I want to stay at a point where I feel comfortable in my own skin. I don't want to make this a 'this is the only weight I'll be happy at' thing. But I want to stick to working out and living a healthy lifestyle so I'll like myself, live long enough to love up my great grandchildren, be an example for my kids and family. 

No comments: