Thursday, August 23, 2012

You don't get an opinion

Here lies one of a few issues I've been having. We all know how I ramble and end up spilling everything when I get going but I'll try to just stick to this one thing.

Just because I had a baby and (maybe) you know what it's like (some of you don't) doesn't give you a right to voice your opinion to me. I don't care. Twitter has been witnessing a bit of a break down on my part and I'm sure tomorrow I'll feel dumb for the whole thing. But my brain is on over load.

Here's the thing. I have been sharing my body with a tiny human for a year. A year? You say. But you were only pregnant for 9 months, You say. Well newsflash says I.. Since I'm breastfeeding I'm STILL sharing my body with my tiny human.

I'm a little tired of everyone telling me how, when, and/or where I can feed my son. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one with a real say in the matter. I'll give a vote to my son since he's the one I'm sharing my body with. And I'll give a vote to the hubs since he's the one I'm sharing my life with. My vote still has more weight behind it, it's like that episode of greys anatomy where she gives her vagina a vote too. I give one to each boob and my vagina since i pushed this baby out. But the rest of the world needs shove their opinions and 'advice' in a very dark hole. Whether that hole is attached to your body is up to you, it's your body I don't get a vote. See how that works?

Sharing your body with a tiny human isn't easy. In fact it's mostly frustrating. A quarter of my day I have someone else attached to my boob. I love him and would do anything for him, hence why I do it, but it's not easy. Nursing babies are the cutest thing I've ever seen. The bonding attached to it is amazing. But it's MY bonding time and if you want to see how cute a nursing baby is have your own baby!! Don't try to get a peek of mine while he's nursing!! What is wrong with you people! Do I have a flashing red light above my head and a guy in a white suit with a fedora with a feather in it standing behind me? I didn't think so! Or if I do I'm not seeing any profits from this and maybe I should find a new guy with a white suit and feathered fedora. But I'm betting you haven't paid a dime. And I'm not for sale.

I'm also pretty sure I know my son best and I know when he last ate. Not you. So zip your lips.

I'm sure I'm putting more focus into this one issue backed by the other million on my mind. With front runner being I return to work waaaay too soon but it's one of the things I've kept my mouth shut about, that I've wanted to share my opinion on and have not. I feel like if I say how I truly feel everyone will turn on me and blame me when all I want to do is be honest and talk. Instead we all walk on egg shells pretending everything is okay when it's not. I HATE it. I'd rather just be honest. But it won't ever happen so I've now been honest about one thing at least. Get over it.

No comments: