Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Why its so hard

I like writing because I like knowing a story no one else knows.  I'm kind of mean that way.  I think If I were able to get my hands on more ARC's I would be such a rub it in your face reviewer, 'Guess what I got to read that you didn't?' Hmm hmm!? Well since the question has been asked we'll go off subject (which is kind of on subject in a way) ANSWER IT!!!



Yup, I got to read Brodi Ashtons Everneath, AND YOU DIDN'T HAHA! AND its AMAZING! Okay but the thing is I don't get to post my review on Bookworm tells all until January 2nd which is only a little bit before it comes out so this the only time I get to rub it in your face.

Anyway.... back on track, its hard for me to write the story that no one knows because if I sit at my computer I'll inevitably get on twitter, and facebook and pintrest... I so LOVE pintrest, I mean its full of pretty pictures! Also if you can't tell its extremely hard for me to stay on one subject, is it possible for A.D.D. to get worse just because your pregnant? Okay lets be real I've always been distracted by pretty pictures, I just never had one place to go to stare at them all.

If I sit and write in a notebook I end up jumping all over the place with scenes that flood my mind, I love writing in notebooks.  but I rarely put those scenes into the computer... they're good too.

I think I have a decent story idea, but I'm convinced only other people with really fast A.D.D. infected brains would get it.  Do I think I'll ever get published? Eh never say never but I'm also not saying I will.  But I know that Jenn will someday! And at her signing we'll stalk all the other authors who may show up with giddy school girl enthusiasm. How do I know she will?  She wrote a WHOLE book and its really good!  and she's in the middle of another that is also really good. (yes Jenn I've been reading I'll finish I promise!)  As for me I'm off to find beautiful vacation spots to put on pintrest!

How is your writing going?

1 comment:

Aubrey Anne said...

FIRST of all, Maureen Johnson just wrote an awesome tip about being too distracted by twitter and fb to write! Here it is!

ASK AUNTIE MJ: “BUT…THE INTERNET IS ON!”
navigatefreedom asked you:
How am I supposed to motivate myself when I have the wide world of tumblr sitting here?

Dear navigatefreedom,
You are fortuitously named! This might be my shortest answer yet, and perhaps the single most important one I write.
I realize that I said before that software is not the answer. But this may be the ONE CASE where software IS the answer. I strongly suggest downloading a program called Freedom. I own it. Lots of people I know own it. What does it do? It TURNS OFF THE INTERNET for a set period of time. It will ask you, “How long do you want to be off the internet?” And you say, “Sixty minutes.” Or whatever. And then it blocks your internet for that amount of time and you CANNOT TURN IT BACK ON.
Seriously. It’s really good. I recommend it. You can download a trial version for free that works five times. The full version is $10. That’s a very fair price to pay. You’d probably spend that much on three caramel lattes or a thousand rubber bands for your rubber band ball. Try the free version and see if it helps.
Anyway, this is what I do and it works. So there you go!
Switching off now,
Auntie MJ
UPDATE: The lovely papertimelady has given me the name of a similar FREE program called Self Control."

You are so welcome! <3