Sunday, September 4, 2011

Just a Spoonful of Sugar

Today I went and saw Mary Poppins with my mom and second mom.  It was really good!  The acting and the sets were perfect.  And for a play it had really cool special effects!  I would highly recommend it!

But has anyone ever thought about Mary Poppins. She's the best Nanny ever right? She takes kids into paintings while flirting with her boy toy Burt. They play on the roof and dance in the rain.  She pulls crazy things out of her bag, in fact anything you need or want really.  It doesn't get better than that right? Well how does she do it? She drugs the children! "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"



Lets rethink this all. Kids jumping into paintings.  Sounds like a pretty crazy trip. I hope its only a magic high that they're on the roof, because kids actually on the roof while on drugs seems dangerous.  Okay kids not on drugs on the roof is dangerous.  And you can imagine anything coming out of a bag when you're ripped out of your mind.  Once in high school a friend of mine came to class high, and was lets face it a bit out of control.  while the teacher went to the room next door to get another teacher to help her and my friend thought that she had walked through the wall. So I can't see it as much of a stretch for a coat rack to come out of a duffel bag.



I'm not really sure Mary Poppins is who I would leave my kids with if I had any. But the play is AWESOME go see it! And thanks Second mom for taking us!!

No comments: