Monday, May 2, 2011

A Disney Like Weekend

A Prince gets married

The Bad Guy is Dead

And a war between friends


I didn't honestly follow much of the Royal Wedding.  I was at work watching Prom:

Which was ever so blah! its the typical good girl meets bad boy and falls in love BS that's been told a million and one times.  So it was the same thing as the Royal Wedding right?! Yeah that's where the truth comes in I actually thought it was the Royal Wedding.. epic Fail!

Then Sunday night I get on Twitter to declare a word war with Jenn and see news I wasn't sure was true at first.  Osama Bin Laden dead? Watch the presidential announcement starting soon.  So I ran downstairs turned on the TV and called my dad.  What amazing news!  Yes it came 10 years too late but better late than never right?  For all you out there saying things like, It wasn't Obama who killed him it was our Troops.  Yes I, and I'm pretty sure, the rest of the world knows this. I don't think I even heard Obama say he did Kill him so I'm not sure why that needs to be clarified. This is a huge victory for our Troops who are out there every single day fighting to keep us safe.  And for that I'm forever grateful.


Or to those saying why are we celebrating a death.  I say tell me what you think Bin Laden did on this day?


Do you think he sat and mourned those lost?  Felt bad for the Children who will never know their parent? I don't.  I think it was probably a day of celebration for him. He celebrated over 3000 deaths and I'm supposed to feel bad he died?  I think not. I'm not setting off fireworks and declaring a holiday but I am proud to be an American, especially today.  Justice has been served. In my opinion they should have done much worse to him.  But I believe he will get what is coming to him and its not the virginal women he thinks he's getting.  Good bye and Good Riddance. Today the world is a little bit brighter.

Okay... admittedly I'm not sure the war between friends has much to do with Disney But it sounds legit.  After finishing watching the Presidents amazing speech Jenn and I dueled it out. it was a tough war. But in the end I came out... defeated.  Jenn won with 1891 new words in an hour to my 1212.  Congrats JENN!!! it was a lot of fun and thanks for playing with me! I'll get you next time DUN DUN DUN!

Until next time lets stand united, One Nation Under God!

How is everyone else feeling about this past weekend?

2 comments:

Deb R said...

It is an historic event. He was a bad person on the caliber of Hitler. Thank God for helping us get him off the earth. Bless all the ppl he terrorized not just Americans but his own homeland. Continue to Pray for Peace....

On the other hand... The wedding was beautiful and very tasteful except for all the crazy hats! :-)

Jenn said...

Seriously, it was super crazy weekend. And crazy that the first most people heard about it was from Twitter!

The word war was sooo much fun! And I have no doubt that you'll beat me next time. :) We should do a write night sometime soon, that still sounds like so much fun. And I can't wait to read your May story!