Sunday, December 7, 2014

This Weekend

I'm supposed to talk about my favorite movie today but instead I'm going to tell you about our weekend. (My favorite movie btw is pride and prejudice) 
My Three White Dresses
My Mom bought me a white dress, Not red or pink or blue.
She said it was a special dress like very other few.
There has been just one before, A dress now put away.
That I wore some time ago upon my blessing day.
As a little baby clothed, In my first white dress
My Dad held me in his arms, There to name and bless.

So pure and clean was I just then, With time to grow and learn
About the Father's plan for me, My glory I must earn.

Now I've reached the age to judge, The wrong road from the right,
And I am here to be baptized, In this dress of white.
So, once again I'm free from sin. The path is clear to me.
I'll grasp the rod and hold on tight, I vow with certainty.
Just as mud would stain my dress, Sin would stain my soul.
The key is to repent or bleach, For whiteness is my goal.

And if I try my very best, Then richly blessed I'll be.
Wearing inside God's Holy House, White dress number three.
So today I make this pledge: I'll strive to choose the right,
Through this sacred baptism ordinace, In my second dress of white.
Linda nelson


This weekend my baby girl got her first white dress. Her daddy held her in his arms and gave her a beautiful blessing! I'm so proud of both of them. I know my beautiful girl has a great life a head of her. 





Our sweet girl got to share this weekend with her cousin who wore her second white dress as she chose to be baptized. She too was given a beautiful blessing by her dad. I'm proud of her for her choice:) 



Both of these girls have such sweet spirits. You can see that they are truly children of god. I love them both tons! Congratulations sweet angels! 







No comments: