Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Inside the projection booth

Have you ever seen that show inside the actors studio? You know it has this guy in it,

James Lipton


And he asks actors all these awesome questions. I always wanted to be on that show! Which is funny because I have no real desire to be an actress. Anyway since I'll never really get that chance and I'm thinking the closest I'll come to fame is through my friend Jenn, who just finished draft 1 of her Work In Progress. So in honor of Jenn, and the questions I had to answer at my interview on monday, I thought I'll just let my blog ask me the questions and it'll be like I'm there! so here it goes.

Blogger James Lipton: So Andrea Tell me a little bit about what it's like to work in a projection booth around Harry Potter time.

Andrea: Well Blogger James Lipton, it's a little stressful and a lot crazy. This year we had 4 prints of Harry to build, one print of Winnie the Pooh and one print of super 8. So that is 6 prints to build up in only 2 days and remember all 6 of those prints need to be screened before they are ready for the public to view. Would like a sneak peak at Harry Potter?

BJL: I'd love a sneak of Harry Potter!

Andrea: Here it is!



BJL: haha well that's awesome! you had to build up 4 of those? That sure seems like a lot of work!

Andrea: Oh it is!

BJL: So tell me a little bit about your writing and what you've been doing with that lately.

Andrea: Oh man, you ask the tough questions. Well, I haven't been writing much lately. I've been so busy and I've hit this brick wall where it seems like everything I write just sounds dumb. I've been working on what my WIP would be like as a YA novel instead of an adult novel. But it feels like its starting in the middle instead of at the beginning and I'm not sure how to fix that.

BJL: That's too bad I hope it comes back to you. So what is the best news you've heard lately?

Andrea: Well my friend Jenn she just finished her first draft of Bound in Ink. Which I think is a beautiful story and I can't wait to see in book stores. I'm just so happy for her!

BJL: I'm happy for her too! that is a huge accomplishment! *Andrea nods her head a lot* Well before we hit the quick round tell us what your currently reading.

Andrea: I'm trying to re-read the Georgina Kincaid series before the last book comes out. But Forever came out today and I bought it on my nook so I think I'll read that now.

BJL: Great! Lets move on to the quick round. first What is your favorite word?
Andrea: Love
BJL: What is your least favorite word?
Andrea: Hate
BJL:What turns you on?
Andrea: when my husband sings Tool songs in the car. although really anything my husband does.
BJL: What turns you off?
Andrea: Mean people.
BJL:What sound or noise do you love?
Andrea: Music, almost any kind as long as its not country.
BJL: What sound or noise do you hate?
Andrea: Silence
BJL: What is your favorite curse word?
Andrea: Fuck
BJL: What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Andrea: Anything working on a movie or TV show set I think would be fun.
BJL: What profession would you not like to do?
Andrea: Anything in telemarketing
BJL: If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Andrea: I believe it does exist and Yes very much I would like to hear that I'm home safe and loved, that he knows I did the best I could.
BJL: Well thank you for letting me interview you today Andrea. It's been a pleasure!
Andrea: the pleasure is all mine!
Everyone Thank Blogger James Lipton for stopping by! and if there are any questions he forgot or you'd like the answers to leave them in the comments maybe he'll ask next time he comes around!

1 comment:

Aubrey Anne said...

I loved this post! You're amazing. And your writing isn't "dumb" lately!