Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wild Nights

Have you watched How I Met Your Mother?  I love that show.  I love how Ted takes everything that has happened in his past and adds it up to how even the bad helped him get to good.

311 has a new song on their album that has a similar message




Where would we be without the wild nights
Without the lows and highs
failing to get it right
-311

It makes me happy and gives me hope that all the bad will lead up to something good. If I think of my life in terms of HIMYM I had two serious boyfriends before the hubs. The first gave me my love for 311. I don't think he knew at the time the obsession he was starting when he said, 'hey wanna go to a concert with me?' or that it would lead to the topic of my first conversation with the hubs. The 2nd taught me how to do what I now do for a job, which eventually led to me working at my current job where I would have the means to meet the hubs. I'm not gonna lie its the only thing I'm grateful to number 2 for... he's a real number 2 in all other ways. But without him I'm not sure I'd have what I have.

Anyway just some random thoughts for the night. Enjoy the new 311 album!

1 comment:

Aubrey Anne said...

Some of my best nights have been spent around you, babe! I love you, I hope you feel better soon!