Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A little of this a little of that


THIS: Tonight we went to see Captain America and it got me thinking about a sociology class I took in high school.  Why? Well my favorite part of that class was when we studied serial killers.  I was fascinated by it.  The inner workings of a bad guys mind.  Have you ever noticed how the bad guys in movies always look like this:
Red Skull (Captain America)

Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter)

The Joker (Batman)

Hector Hammond (Green Lantern)


But in real life they look like this:
Gary Ridgway

Charles Manson

Ted Bundy


If real life were a little more like the movies maybe more people would be safe.  I don't think any 17 year old girl would get into a car with some guy who has red skin and no nose.  I'm just saying.

THAT:  I learned tonight about something called Planking. Have you heard of it?  One of the Hubs BFF's, who shall be known to the blogsphere as T-plank, told me about it.  Here's the definition from Wiki: "Planking or the lying down game is an activity consisting of lying face down in an unusual or incongruous location. The hands must touch the sides of the body and having a photograph of the participant taken and posted on the Internet is an integral part of the game.[1] Players compete to find the most unusual and original location in which to play.[1] The term planking is described as the practice of lying down flat with arms to the side, to mimic a wooden plank.
Many participants of planking since 2011 have photographed the activity on unusual locations such as atop poles, roofs and vehicles, while some "plankers" engage in the activity by planking only their upper body and feet while leaving the back suspended"

I had to look it up and there are some really funny pictures but I also learned about THIS  It's pretty funny but don't do stupid things people!  Play it safe!




T-Plank showing off his new skill


THIS: Remember how I told you about my friend Rebecca Emily Cooper?  Well she did this amazing portrait of me as a surprise!  I LOVE IT!!



This is the second piece she has done for us, right after BIL2 passed away she did this beautiful and treasured multi-media art for us. 



Go follow her blog and like her Artist Facebook page.  She's seriously amazing!!

That:  We leave for my Sissa's wedding tomorrow!!! I am soo excited!! I can't wait to see her because it's been over a year.  Plus we get to go to our cabin in Michigan after the wedding.  It's a pretty magical place and I can't wait to share it with the Hubs! 

Where is your favorite vacation spot? 

1 comment:

Aubrey Anne said...

Wow!! Becky is amazing! I'm in love with the one she did of Josh and Asher a couple years ago. Amazing!