Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Well, Hello school. Yup I do remember you.

You know what I hated most about school while I was in it.  Taking tests. I swear I am the worlds worst test taker. But you know what I did all day today?  I took tests for like 3 hours.  Why? because I had to in order to go back to school.  Which is already causing angst.  I can do this... I can do this... I can do this...



Once the results came back I found Yay! I had past them all, but if I would've just got 10 more points in the math part (you know the part I'm uber bad at) I could have tested out of the math and been done with it. So for 5 more dollars (as opposed to the 200ish to take THE math class) I can take the test again and hope for 10 extra points.  My down fall?  Fractions! Ugh.



But all that testing left me with a horrible terrible no good very bad headache. And the hubs (Okay me too) wanted to go out and get a box spring for our bed.  Ours broke in the move and we've been using the one from the guest bedroom. So out we went, to the furniture store where we paid some God awful amount for a years worth of delivery fees.  But the kicker... if your purchase is under 300 dollars you have to pay a delivery fee anyway.  What the HELL!? then the sales clerk says, oh we don't have any in stock, but we can have one delivered to us from the warehouse tomorrow.  Could you pick it up then? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??? They pass my house going from the warehouse to this effing store!!! I got a bit cranky at that and said "Yeah NEVERMIND! this place is a joke!" Needless to say this left me with a worse headache.



There's a new home goods store or something or other just near our house, so as I got off the freeway from the failed box spring outing I thought maybe they sell mattresses although I doubt it.  But we went to check it out anyway.  Of course they don't its like a Pier 1 Imports in case you were wondering.  Hubs did find a pretty sweet Ice cream scoop. 

It has a rubber back!


Of course I went out wearing jeans that are too big for me (Surprising I have some seeing as everything seems to be too small for me these days.) and clothes I had spilled on... and of course I see people I know everywhere I go.  Not complaining I love seeing people I know.. just not when I look like I rolled around in dumpster. But after it was all said and done I was beyond ready for bed and my book.  Oh the one bright side of the day! Succubus Revealed is finally here!!



And something else I've learned... when I have a stressful day I want to paint my house. So tomorrow I'm going to try something new... we shall see how it turns out and maybe I'll share with you!

For now I need sleep, okay lets be real I'm gonna read. I'm not even tired, silly messed up sleep schedule, you kill me! Oh also I didn't mention BIG BROTHER!!! Okay I just did but gull!

4 comments:

Becky said...

That sounds like a crazy day! So happy that you have your new book!!! :)

Dude, talk about crazy sleep schedule. I just gave in to mine. I am who I am and I am just a night owl. Someday when the rest of my day is in order I'll work on my sleep. Until then, bedtime is at 2! :)

Andrea said...

Once I start school I'll have to fix mine somehow :) but Yeah for now I'll survive.

Sandra said...

Ugh, shopping for a boxspring is the equivalent of shopping for deodorant. It's something you need, but it's no fun.
I'm a student so you have my deepest sympathies for having to take those tests AND my greatest admiration for going back to school! You can do it! Good luck!

Andrea said...

Thanks for the encouragement and for stopping by my blog!! It all makes my day better for sure!