Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day of Service and the Boys We Love

For work today we went and did service at a local homeless shelter.  we helped them clean up and put things away for the summer. It was good to get out and do something that great.  Afterwords a few friends and I went to see Jane Eyre.  Which was the best adaptation of Jane Eyre I have ever seen.  I loved it.

Well Jane Eyre (and Stephanie Perkins newest blog post) got me thinking  of all those boys you have crushes on in books. First don't get me wrong the Only guy for me is the hubs. But you can't help but fall for those book guys.  My first book crush was Rochester from Jane Eyre.  My favorite scene is when he sits outside her room all night and pulls her to him as she tries to leave.  It pulls at your heart and you can't help but love him.

I'm not sure who was next. Jacob from the twilight series is who comes to mind.  He saved me from a horrible relationship. I loved New Moon which I know seems to be the least favorite of most but its where I was at.

You can't leave out Dimitri from Vampire Academy he's the most swoon worthy book guy! Even at times when he's not the good guy, which you'll have to read it to know more about. I love the sexual tension in these books and you love Dimitri from the minute you hear his name!

And Seth, Oh Seth! not only does he have the PERFECT name but he's so amazing! I love the succubus stories. I think I know where the last book is going to take us and if I'm right it makes Seth even that much better.  I can't wait for august when the new book comes out!

Daniel from the Dark Divine is simply divine:)

Then there is St. Clair in Anna and the French Kiss.  Let me tell you page 311 is amazing!  I've mentioned this book before, I LOVE it.

My latest is Jace. He is extremely kick ass in the mortal instruments series.

I'm looking forward to more Adrian in Bloodlines. and Cricket in Lola and the boy next door.

But every day I get to go back to my true love and prince.

but I thought I'd share a few of my book loves.  So what are some of yours?

2 comments:

Must Love Books said...

I would have to completely agree with Dimitri, Seth, and Jace! I also have to add in Harry Potter, Hudson from My Unfair Godmother, Ash from the Iron Fey series, Alexander from the Bronze Horseman, and lots of others. I love my book boys.

Andrea said...

I'll have to read some of those! My tbr is huge. but it's the boys that make it worth reading the books:)